Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A Freebie to say THANKS!

Oh my goodnesss! I am thrilled with all of you followers! Thanks so much for your interest! I worked on a little freebie last night to say thank you. I tried to upload it, but Blogger was being kooky. I figured that out, then TpT was being kooky. Well - here it is, friends...finally! Sheesh.

Just a quick reminder that the Thirty One giveaway is over tomorrow night. If you haven't entered, go for it right here! :)

Activities in my Literacy Stations change out each month-ish (ha!)...One of the stations is "Authors & Characters" and in this tub goes 10-15 books, some with a character, some by a specific author. One month it is Eric Carle & Froggy, another month it's Kevin Henkes, Frog & Toad and Fly Guy. 

At our school, we do the Daily 5's Three Ways To Read a Book with a heavy "study" emphasis. Meaning... heavily encouraging and modeling how to study and savor the pictures & the words during guided reading and with read alouds. We study the books as readers & as writers, often asking if anyone has tried something they've seen in a book in their own writing (if so, we celebrate!).

At any rate, here's an activity that goes in the Authors and Characters tub...it's prettier than what I've been using, but it's not super elaborate. I want the kids to have enough room to record their answers. I plan to use a new page in each month's Authors & Characters tub so their activity ramps up each month but that it's familiar enough to be figured out relatively independently as time goes on (once there's been scaffolding in the first months). Kids are expected to complete the activity each time they rotate to that tub (which is every 10ish days, as I have 10 stations), using a different book.

Generally, at the Literacy Stations, each tub has 4-6 activities inside, some of which can be used multiple times with different books, some of which are a "do once" kinda deal.

You all probably have different ideas on how it could be used and I'd love to hear from you! Leave me some feedback on TpT and/or the blog and I'd really appreciate it!

This will be free for a few weeks. I'm planning to add more to it and charge for it on TpT (not a gazillion, but a little bit)...if you check back on TpT in a few weeks and see that it costs something, feel free to email me (growingfirsties@gmail.com) and say you saw it in this post - I'll happily email you the updated file for free cuz you're a follower and all. :)

Here she is - click the first picture for the link





.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the freebie :) Happy to see your numbers growing- your ideas deserve to be spread!

    Kimberly
    Click to get 31 bags for 31% OFF!!
    The Learning Tree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the freebie! Congrats on your followers...well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the freebie!!! I think I'll be able to use this as part of my interactive read alouds. :)
    Congrats on all the new followers!
    Maria

    http://curiousfirsties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the freebie! I'm your newest follower. Right now, I'm student teaching in first grade and loving it!

    http://learningandteachingforlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the freebie. I am now a follower of your blog... I'm going to explore more of your posts now. :-)

    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete