Saturday, September 8, 2012

Indoor Recess Activity Bags - Freebie!

Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

We had a last-minute-hadn't-taught-the-kids-yet indoor bus line up when it poured buckets at dismissal time yesterday. All hands were on deck and everyone got home safely, thank goodness.

It got me thinking about Indoor Recess...

During lunch recess, our school offers A.I.R. (Active Indoor Recess), which is wonderful! At our grade level recess, we are on our own.

Last year, my esteemed colleague, Shelley, shared her Indoor Recess Activity Bag activity. Love her for sooo many reasons! This year, I'm all excited about my digital graphics so I'm cuting up the parent note.

The idea is that you send home a gallon sized zip lock (freezer works well) home with each student (labelled with their name) and they fill it with small items that they can do during indoor recess. Our firsties loved playing with their Hot Wheels, Pokemon cards, Squinkies, Polly Pockets, mini-games, mini-puzzles, card decks...etc. Drama free recess practically guaranteed! Bags were kept at school...

Here's the letter. Click right here to download it for free!

8 comments:

  1. Great idea for Indoor Recess!!! I'm your newest follower!
    If you have time, come over and check us out.
    Maria
    http://curiousfirsties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I miss Wisconsin schools Lisa! Our kids haven't been able to go out because it's been too hot. My kids are having SIT and watch movies, when all my boys want to do is RUN or lounge around and visit! I'm loving seeing what you are up to on here! As always, great ideas! Erin Brautigam

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Lisa! I think I just picked up 10 different freebies!=) I love your blog and became a follower! Thanks for stopping by The Teaching Reef!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ladiesss - thanks sooo much for your kind words - I'm thrilled to help out with freebies, especially if they'll be used!!! Errrriiinnn - too hot to go outside - yikes!!! Miss you, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word, talk about a great idea! Thanks for sharing and visiting my blog! Can't wait to check out all you have one yours.

    Lindsay
    For the Love of First Grade

    ReplyDelete