Thursday, October 4

Personal Narrative Writing Workshop Unit

This Writing Workshop Unit has been SUCH a blast to implement! 

My sweet little writers were very productive in learning that their lives are FILLED with stories just waiting to come out on paper.



In order to make it as easy as possible for you to teach, I've included teacher AND student samples for as many pieces as possible!

It is available individually and also at a greater savings in my Writing Workshop Bundle.
Rave Reviews on TpT                    Friendly Letters on TpT

The unit encourages students to think about four main places in their life that they have stories to tell...






Then, you spend a while going deeper into each of those four parts...

















Students LOVED writing stories, too. After we spent time on each 3 box planning page, kids would choose one story from one of the boxes and write a story.

I teach first grade, so the samples are from first graders since that's what I teach. If you have second grade samples from implementing the unit, I'd LOVE to hear from you!!!

Here's a sample that a student wrote after we focused on Places for a few days...


When you do mini-lessons on adding details, this anchor chart can come in very handy...

There are three different types of writing paper, too...
No editing circles...

With Editing Circles...

 

 Beginning, Middle End...


Here's another planning page for you to use, too. My class loved writing and sharing their embarrassed stories! I SOO wish I'd taken pictures...
Thanks so much for sticking with me! You can click on the cover to get to it on TpT or you can click here, too.




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Growing Firsties. All rights reserved.
Design by Laugh Eat Learn // Theme by Pipdig