Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Texts from my daughter's 4k teacher...love her!

So, my 4 year old daughter Emily is a bit of a pistol. Darling, hilarious, sweet, spunky and adorable.

Definitely a pistol. (Soooo not apple-tree!)


Her 4K teacher is fanTASTic.
We love her.
Tons.
For many reasons.

Her wonderful handling of Emily being one of them.

Several times this year I've brought my phone in to the lounge to read her text/email messages to my team so we could share a laugh. After today's they urged me to share them on my blog.

I thought...why not? Then, if my phone dies I will have saved them for posterity and, maybe they'll make you smile, too. ;)

Here are a few of my faves...

The first one was a typo that any one of us could make (which is why I laughed so much, maybe?) and of course it went home to all the families AND it was in the first few weeks of school. It happened on a day that they had a special event first thing in the morning (can't remember what it was).

Families,
Heads up. The ____ ran long so chapel ran late so lunch ran late and rest time was short. You might have crappy kids tonight.

**crabby (oops. too cute.)

#1
T: Hey, I'm having a container of grapes mystery. Did Emily have a pink round container of grapes today?

Me: Yes. (seriously wondering what was up with the randomness...knowing Emily had been up to something.)

T (half hour later): Here's the story...I found the container under the table unopened. I asked the table who lost their grapes. Emily told me it was Ashley. Ashley hates fresh fruit. Emily denied they were hers to me, Mrs. ___ and Mrs. ___ so she visited the principal and ate her grapes.

We love that she follows through. The above example might seem a little harsh if you don't know her or Emily, but it was totally appropriate for Emily! (And, the principal - out of Em's ear shot - told me it was the highlight of her day.) And...she's so not harsh...she's awesome and hilarious and loves four year olds.

#2
T: A funny thing happened at rest time. Not really at the moment. Emily put a button up her nose. She blew it out on the third blow. There was a small bloody nose afterwards. I am texting you a pic cuz it's amazing how big it was.

(It was nearly as big as a dime! In her tiny little nose!)

Me: Oh my word.

#3
T: Emily had some issues in a center so I sent Santa a text and Santa asked her to be kind and nice. Emily is now having a great day.

#4
T (later that same day): Emily has been a rock star.

--------------------------

Emily has already grown so much under her! We are so blessed to have her in our lives!!!

Wanna enter my giveaway? Head to my last post here...

7 comments:

  1. This post cracked me up! I'm a fellow texting teacher, but I'm not sure I'm nearly as amusing :) Maybe I'll make that a goal in the future!

    Lisa
    The Lower Elementary Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  2. OhMyGosh Lisa,
    You have me in STITCHES laughing!
    Your daughter is ADORABLE and sounds alot like me when I was that age!
    So nice to have a teacher that LOVES her so! And keeps you posted!
    HUGS!
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa!
    This is too funny! I think I have a pistol on my hands too--she's only 2 now! Can hardly wait for 4!!

    --jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously. This is hysterical. I hope that when I have kiddos someday that they have such a fun, light hearted, and firm first teacher. So funny!

    ❀ Kate
    Purely Paperless

    ReplyDelete