Saturday, February 9

Jen Hatmaker

Folks.

I'm all kinds of messed up.

For reals.

I spent last night and this morning listening to Jen Hatmaker.

Pardon my I've-almost-hit-the-ugly-cry-sheen and 4th-case-of-pink-eye-since-November glasses.




Are you familiar with her?

She hails from Austin, TX. 

Words that describe her...

On her website, she's: 

wife. (to Pastor Brandon Hatmaker of Austin New Church)

mom. (to 3 biological kids and 2 kids adopted from Ethiopia)

author. (of 9 books)

speaker. 

blogger.

My friends and I would describe her as:

loving.

genuine.

hilarious.

adorable.

real.

poignant.

powerful.

soul-changing.

My soul is all tangled up after hearing her speak about Christians and Christianity.

How polarizing we can be...

When all there really is, is to serve with love. Be like Jesus. That's it.

As a Christian, am I REALLY living out these principles day by day?

I had seen her a few years ago and she ripped me apart then. I'm in a different place now so I'm ripped apart differently.

I don't quite have words yet or even an inkling of an idea of where God's path will take me. 

But I will listen to Him.

You will see what we all saw if you like her on facebook (along with 20,000 others) or follow her blog or see her speak.

I own several of her books and I'm going to be reading and re-reading them.

I own: 

Out of the Spin Cycle: Devotions to Lighten Your Mother Load

A Modern Girl's Guide to Bible Study

Tune In: Hearing God's Voice Through The Static

Make-Over: Revitalizing the Many Roles You Fill



Jen, thank you.

In other, less-soul-searching news, there are a few more hours left to enter this giveaway:

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Sounds like she has a beautiful and important ministry.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE Jen! I found her book "Interrupted" in May and read through it and then I did SEVEN this summer. Honestly her words changed my life! I will often in conversation with friends say, "Well Jen says..." and my friends know right who I am talking about! Her work has had a tremendous impact on me!
    Carmen
    www.exploringthirdgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, sounds so good! That's the whole truth behind it all, is to serve others. Sometimes this can be tough, thank God He guides us! Love this!
    Amy Howbert
    Little Miss Organized
    amyhowbert1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again I am totally excited to see that another teacher blogger has no problem with stepping forward and professing her faith in God! This is one of the reasons I wanted to become a blogger myself, such a wonderful platform, since we can't do it in the classroom. :) Love your Oprah story, amazing.

    Alison

    ReplyDelete

© Growing Firsties. All rights reserved.
Design by Laugh Eat Learn // Theme by Pipdig