Sunday, March 3

Farley...Writing Workshop: Rave Reviews...Shout Out Linky...Personal Pain

With conferences this past week and this coming week, forgive me for packing everything into one huge long post...not sure when I'll post again.



and, ya know, you'd REALLY die without my posts. Hehehehe.

Here's the deets of this post....A Table of Blog-tents, if you will.

1. Farley (love. her.)

2. Rave Review Writing Workshop pack (& Facebook ONLY giveaway!!)

3. Shout Out Linky for March (just the basics)

Here goes...

PaRt OnE:

Oh my gosh...it was time for me to quit Diet Coke. I have REARRANGED my day around a Mickey D's location...more than I care to admit...daily...nearly. Sigh.

I am trying to be FREE of the pressing need for it as well as looking to have more time in my day (maybe I'd drive 15 mn the wrong direction...one way...without blinking an eye. Maybe.)

And, ya know...the whole aspartame chemical thing is an influence, too.

According to the Days Since app that I downloaded for my (new, fabulous, amazing, fun) iPhone it's been 3 days, 3 hours, 8 mn and 31 seconds since I had one.

People...it feels like FORevER!!!

I'm also not a fan of light or low fat versions of salad dressing, cheese, etc...they just don't taste right to me. Less of the full-fat version is generally the route I take.

PaRt TwO:
My class had a BLAST with our Writing Workshop unit on Reviews & Opinions.
First, we spend some time studying the difference between facts and opinions...

Then we study reviews, noticing the parts and listening to how an author tries to be persuasive when choosing his/her words.
Anchor chart...
Original reviews for teaching...



One of the student samples...These are handy as mentor or anchor texts for sure! For discussion on what TO and what NOT to do. They are from first graders



Homework page...
 Super helpful planning page...


Check out this review written by one of my little guys who is on the Autism Spectrum. SOOO proud of him for considering his audience! Better, he was SOOO proud of himself for including facts and opinions! Writing is a struggle for him but he was quite motivated to do this!
PaRt ThReE:

Gulp! The Shout Out Linky was supposed to be ready for March 1st! And...it's the 3rd. Eek.

Wanna shout a couple people out and link up? 

I need to put together my own Shout Out post before I put the inlinkz thingy-doo...but thought I'd get ya thinkin' about who you want to shout out...

Check back later this week for the inlinkz thingy-doo (that word makes me think of the incomparable beaut-abulous Kelley Dolling of Teacher Idea Factory). 

Here are the details:

This Linky Party has 3 components:

1. Link a post where you have given two shout outs to two bloggers that have inspired you. One blogger with fewer followers and one  with more followers than you. This seems obvious, but please make sure you give links to those inspiring posts/blogs so others can be inspired, too!

2. Please let the two bloggers you are shouting out know that you're doing so. Leave a comment on their blog - maybe on the post that inspired you or on their post dated closest to when you link up. They'll most likely want to know what it was that inspired you to give them a shout out. :)

3. We love Farley's "Rule of Three" which means that once you link up, please comment on the posts of the two previous bloggers that linked. Then, come back later and comment on the post of the blogger after your link.


See ya later this week!

8 comments:

  1. So, I gave up Coke for lent. And although I've been REALLY good about it, I still basically cry when I want something to drink because I can't have it. Darn the Coca-Cola company for making SUCH addicting products! Sighhhhhh.

    :-)
    Brittany
    Closing the Gap... in a Cute Outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you through the March Currently! I love Coke Zero and I know that I need to give it up becuase I have become so dependent on caffeine lately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Diet Coke on the brain, eh? I'm a juice addict myself. Congrats on giving it up, though! It's so good... and so addictive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job getting off the Diet Coke train...it's so hard. I gave it up once for 6 weeks and then had one for my birthday. It's been a battle ever since!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooh, I gave up candy for lent and it's killing me! I didn't think I ate nearly this much candy...until I couldn't eat it everyday! I promise it'll get easier! LOVE the idea of a Shout-Out Linky! Excited for that later in the week & I'm definitely headed over to FB now! Have a great week!

    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, I am working on going "sugar-free", but I still need the fake stuff! LOL...I'm now using Stevia instead of SPlenda!
    KEEP IT UP!
    Marie
    The Hands-On Teacher in First!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa, I am so happy to hear you are exceeding your TPT goals! Congrats!! Your products are amazing!
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your ideas! Congrats on your products!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts: