Saturday, May 18, 2013

Headz Upz...5 for Friday

I am so excited to actually be posting again!!! I've been bogged down in malarkey...bet all y'all have been, too! Thought I'd get my blogger legs back by joining in with Doodlebugs for her 5 for Friday linky...(on Saturday...)

1. Mother's Day Follow Up - The first thing I thought about when I woke up on Mother's Day was the smiles on my students' moms' faces as they received their gifts...here's how they turned out this year...precious...

And, someone suggested adding something decadent to the cereal so instead of bowls I bought some bags of those Godiva truffles and put one in each bag with the spoons and cards. The bags were too small for the bowls anyways...they were the best I could find in the quantity I needed. Thanks, Michaels!!!


If you'd like to see my TpT freebie for this Mother's Day pack, click here.

2. Emily's recital is coming soon and she is so excited to be a fairy. 

Next year she'll be starting her third year of Pre-Ballet class...cuz she doesn't really pay attention or listen or really do much of anything she's supposed to so her teachers don't pass her on to the next class...she has fun so it's all good. :) Plus I gotta say I dig the Saturday morning ritual of bringing a book, or my computer or papers to correct while she's in her room...love hearing their little feet on the dance floor and their sweet music while I work or read without any demands being placed upon me. 

Had to do her hair The Recital Way this morning...since I don't curl or do anything with my hair...EVER...let's just say it took some extra time to get it in a high ponytail with cascading curls. Tears may have been involved. (Her's...almost mine.)

3. Winner!!! 

A belaaaaaated announcement for my winner of the April Life is Better with Friends giveaway...congratulations goes to comment number 18...Meghan at First Grade Hugs and High Fives. Check your in-box for an email chock full of fabulousness! It should be there soon. :)

4. Did I reallllllly spend a zillion bucks on a pair of flip flops ?

Well...yes...but, actually, they're "Fit Flops" that were on sale and I had an additional $20 off. You supposedly get a workout while wearing them, which is NOT why I bought them (though it can't hurt)...they are seriously ridiculously comfortable and are made so that your foot has fewer pressure points touching the bottom. I love them so much I'm seriously considering paying full price to add a second pair of these to my life...these are the Fit Flops I'm thinking about.

5.  Heads up that I'll be putting together the May Shout Out Linky and posting it over the next few days, so get your thoughts together on who you'd like to Shout Out. It's so hard to narrow down to just two bloggers...there's so much amazingness out there!!!

Another heads up that you should keep your eyes open for the May "Mystery Box" giveaway!!!!!!! Too fun!

Go link up with...
fiveforfriday


13 comments:

  1. Your little one looks so cute in her dance costume! Loving the sandals!

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to check out those sandals. I have some feet issues and I am supposed to wear certain shoes but I don't. Those look like they would fit what my doctor ordered.

    Amanda :)
    Mrs. Pauley's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda - you will seriously love them!!! I got them at DSW.

      Delete
  3. Emily is adorable!! I bet she's so cute when she dances. :) Happy weekend friend!
    Sarah
    Sarah's First Grade Snippets

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet those recitals are pretty sweet. Emily sounds like a girl after my own heart. Dance away! I have all boys so the recital thing is an experience I don't have YET! Maybe with grandchildren. Not that boys can't dance, of course! your classroom mommies were very happy with their gifts, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crossing fingers for girlz when the time comes for grandchildren! They are a hoot!

      Delete
  5. Your daughter is adorable! That is such a cute fairy costume. Also, your Mother's Day gift bags look great. I pinned the picture to remind me to use this idea next year.

    Have a great weekend!

    Becky
    Compassionate Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Mother's Day gift bags! Thanks for sharing!

    Have a good weekend!
    Annie
    Three Cheers for First Grade!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey - your daughter looks so sweet. It must be fun to be a silent bystander at dance class.

    You have me curious about the May Mystery Box.

    Jane
    Learning in the Little Apple

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your daughter is too adorable!! Love those shoes! I have a pair of pink shiny ones that I love! Looking forward to seeing your surprises!

    Aloha,
    Corinna (✿◠‿◠)
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE reading stories about your little one... she cracks me up!! She's ADORABLE and my kind of girl!!

    I'm heading over to enter the mystery box giveaway... woop woop!

    xoxo
    Brittany
    Closing the Gap... in a Cute Outfit!

    ReplyDelete