Friday, May 3, 2013

Mothers Day Freebie - Mini-Breakfast In Bed

Hi Friends!

One of my VERY favorite projects of the year is Breakfast in Bed for Mothers' Day! 

Especially since it feels like I'm giving some love right back to the families after they've given me love during Teacher Appreciation Week.

Each year, moms have given me the happiest feedback, saying that it was their favorite part of Mothers' Day. Warms my heart!

And, moms DESERVE it!



You are welcome to download the freebie! Just click on the picture above to get to it. :) 

I didn't put the directions/list materials below, but they're in detail in the freebie file. Enjoy!

The following page gets filled in by each student and then re-copied onto a blank card. I usually buy a box of 100 "Recollections" scrapbook blank cards from JoAnn or Michaels every few years because they have such variety.

This poem is hand-copied or cut out and glued onto a gift bag or onto a white lunch bag (from WalMart). Depends on the writer.

Some kids get worried that they're not going to be allowed to wake up their mom a weensy bit early so I send this little note along with the following page stapled onto the letter.

This note generally helps the kiddo feel better about it with their dad. :)
If there's no Dad at home, I white-out the Dad on the letter & "For Dad's Eyes Only" but keep the rest. I also ask the kiddo if there's an older sibling or other grown up that can help out.

What do you do for your Mothers' Day project?

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this! Not sure if I will be able to pull it all together for this year, but will for sure do it next year! Thanks so much! Make it a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the idea. I have been searching for a new idea and this is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an adorable idea! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

    Stef
    Miss Galvin Learns

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this idea, but I might have to put something decadent in the bag, too! Maybe even a donut!
    Jenny
    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTE! As a mommy, I appreciate the LITTLE things...hugs, coffee, pictures...LOVE THIS!
    wendy 1stgradefireworks@gmail.com 1stgradefireworks

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet idea, Lisa! Kids and Moms will love this!
    Linda
    AroundtheKampfire

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet idea - we've worked hard to build an understanding of doing things for others this year. This would be a great May project.

    Valerie
    zputty@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete