Friday, July 5, 2013

Favorite Pins Friday & A Sale

I'm linking up with the lovely and sweet Cara (do I really even NEED to say she's from The First Grade Parade??? Guessing you already knew....cuz she's THAT fabulous!) with her Favorite Pins Friday linky.

Here are some of my favorite pins (go ahead and follow me on pinterest along the right side if you'd like)...

From my School Stuff board:

Water bottle cages attached to chair legs to hold water bottles! Love this! We're tripping over water bottles left and right in my classroom. BUT, they're a necessity since we don't have air conditioning at our school. Our first floor rooms on the blacktop side of the building are generally 85-90 degrees....and we're downstairs. Bless those upstairs teachers' souls.

No website is listed for this particular pin...if you know where it came from, please let me know...I'd love to give credit!
What a great idea! A bike water bottle holder is attached to the legs of the desks! Desktops are clear and students are hydrated.


I love my friend Susan Moran over at Thank God Its First Grade (hope her cross-country move is going well!)....she posted this sweet freebie that I plan to try out...
Have your students meet with their parents and discuss all the reasoning and meaning behind their name! This is a fun activity we do at the beginning of the year to help students get to know themselves and each other a little better! It also allows for a fun bonding experience between your student and their parents.


I'm obsessed with all things chalkboard. In fact, I'm in the middle of a bloggy make-over and can't WAIT for the big reveal of Growing Firsties - chalkboard style!!! Only a few weeks out! :)

That said, when my friend Lyndsey Kuster from A Year of Many Firsts put these out I just about wept with how adorable they are!
Alphabet Card Set and Word Wall Set

Sometimes when I'm working on Character Traits with students or for a TpT product, I get stuck thinking of the same old traits. This next freebie is great to have on hand! It's from the blogger behind Workshop Classroom. You can get to it on TpT by clicking the picture.
Character Traits in Categories- Free on TpT!

All year long my class used (and loved) these Partner Picking Cards from Making It As A Middle School Teacher. You can get to them on TpT by clicking the picture.
Partner Picking Cards!

From my Crafty Stuff board...

Turning toddler scribbles into art....I have loads of these types of papers and love this idea from Squash Blossom Babies.
Turn Toddler Scribbles into Art


I intended to do this last year and never did....it's from La Classe Della Maestra Valentina...I can't understand a word of the blog (I think it's in Italian?) but I sooo love the idea and am thinking I'll have my daughter make one.
Fall trees Q-tip painting!

Cara...it was a BLAST to shop my own pins! Hoping to link up a few more times for this fun linky! Thanks for hosting!

If you'd like to see what else I'm pinning...click here to follow me on Pinterest. Or the P under the flower button along the top right works, too.

In case you've had your eye on some of my TpT products, I'm having a Star Spangled Sale along with a bunch of other lovely bloggers....you can get to my store by clicking the pic below....

And, thanks Tammy & Christy at Fluttering Through First Grade for the fun graphic!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

13 comments:

  1. great pins - i love the water bottle holders - so I've been googling and can't find anything else about that particular picture. seems like a great idea though - i hate water bottles on the desk - papers get wet, they get knocked over. Makes me nuts!! Can't wait to see your chalkboard blog makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out, friend! Love all of your pins. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pins! Love the Partner picking cards and the water bottle holders. We're thinking those are water bottle holders from bicycles zip tied? Fabulous idea! Off to pin a few more things! :)
    Fluttering Through First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVING the water bottle holders!
    Definitely a HUGE must-have for this coming year!
    Thanks for sharing your faves! I think I just might link up and do the same!
    HUGS!!!
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the partner picking cards. What a good idea.
    Em
    Curious Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the character trait chart!!! Thank you so much for "pinning" such an awesome resource!

    Bridget
    Literacy Without Worksheets

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the character traits freebie! I'm in the middle of a blog makeover too! I can't wait to see your new blog design!
    Linda
    AroundtheKampfire

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all your pins...off to snag that character trait freebie!

    Have a great weekend :)

    Halle
    Across the Hall in 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooo, you know I LOVE this post and that character-trait freebie in particular! Thanks for scouting out some Uh-MAY-zing pins!

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Found your blog through the linky! Always great to find new friends!

    Jess
    From Blood to Books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the toddler scribbles to art pin! What a cute idea! Also, love the water bottle holder idea!!

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  12. The partner cards are great... thanks for sharing the freebie link!
    Karen :o)
    Mrs. Stamp's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete