Monday, July 1, 2013

June Mystery Box Winner & Mommy Sharing....

I just love my gal Katie Knight over at Teacher to the Core! So, when she mentions hosting a Linky, I'm all over it!

Oh...we're also revealing the June Mystery Box winner, too! So stick with me to the end here.

This linky is all about what you did to keep your kiddos busy and happy during the week.

Let me give you a little history first, though...

Last December I woke up thinking about how my daughter would be turning 5 years old, which made me realize ummmm....ACK! Oh.My.Stars. $%&* I need 6 credits by June 30th, 2013!!! {to renew my teaching license...}

I did take three one-credit courses between Jan-April where I learned all kinds of cool things about utilizing the iPads we have in our classrooms.

But, I needed a 3 credit course and I'd heard wonderful things about a three-credit class called, "Rekindle the Passion to Teach"over the last few years.

Thus, I needed childcare...

Which does lead me to the topic of the linky....

The hours of the class were 7:30-4:30 Monday through Friday, so I needed something fuuuuunnnn!
YMCA Enrichment camps came to the rescue. 

My son did a Milwaukee Wave (soccer) camp and he loved every minute! They had a Wave player or two in the morning and in the afternoon they swam and played games.

My daughter did a Dora/Diego camp and she loved every minute, too. Crafts, games, projects, swimming lessons galore.

They came home happy and tired (and filthy) every night. Which makes all the packing (towel, lunch, swimsuit, bug spray, water bottle, sunscreen, change of clothes) every night ahead of time SO worth it!

The clincher?

After the last day, my son said, "Mom, I REALLY wanna do Y camp again!!!" Of course, my daughter hollered, "Me, toooooo!" Woot Woot!

By the way...it was an AMAAAAAZING class, filled with all kinds of strategies and discussions centered around leadership, stress management, engagement and motivation. I love, love, LOVED it! If you live in the Milwaukee area, look it up through McPherson College - Milwaukee Center. Worth every penny!

Katie has a great post about a DARLING activity she did at her house...go check it out and link up

Winner, winner, chicken dinner...
the June Mystery Box winner is....

Amber Olson!

Congratulations, Amber! Your digital goodies will come your way via email and your snail mail box will come your way via snail mail.

If you are new to the Mystery Box and want to hear about how it works each month, click the pic above.

Have fun opening everything up, Amber!!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Yay Y Camp! I worked at the West Suburban Y as a camp counselor for three summers. I loved it! Glad your kids love Y Camp!
    Liz
    Teaching in the Valley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you were a FABULOUS counselor, Liz! Hugs to you!

      Delete
  2. Oh I am going to look into the Y camp for Jackson. He is getting a serious case of the Summer Sassies. This might be very fun for him.
    LOVE YA and thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My links are all connected now...am blaming it on Little Miss HIGH MAINTENANCE...aka Emily!

      Delete
  3. You are a fabulous Mom!
    I don't know how you do it all!!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa,
    What classes did you take for the iPad? I would love to take them. Live within an hour of Milwaukee. Sounds like the kids had an awesome time.
    Thanks,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa,
    I'm not sure if it was you who left the comment about missing the freebie--if you did I will be more than happy to send it to you if you could send me your email. IF not--it's a very strange coincidence! LOL!
    Jessica
    Tales of a First Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete