Friday, August 16

Classroom Pics...Raw & Late...and a heads up!

I guess we could all say that our classrooms are NEVUH finished, right?

Well, though I'm in the same classroom, teaching the same grade this year, my room is still in RAW mode.

And...I'm LATE to the Teacher Week party over at Blog Hoppin'...this was supposed to be posted on Tuesday.


Sigh.

Here are some shots...please excuse the messes!!!! And, there is LOADS of work to be done yet...I'm beginning to panic fo' sho'.

To take the pics, I started with the back left corner (from the doorway-ish) and went clockwise. I don't think I got the last two pics, though, to get back to where I started. Gah!





With this switchover to the Teachers College Reading & Writing Project model for Workshop loads of changes are upon us.

Exciting changes.

Labor intensive changes.

EVERYSINGLEBOOK in my classroom library either has been or needs to be touched and decided upon.

Furniture rearranged (and even assembled).

My ELEVENTY GOBZILLION TRILLION BO-BILLION (I've been collecting books since I was an infant) books will be divided up into a modified arrangement...

Waiting on tubs. Order was placed before school ended. May just go buy a bunch...hard to think about ANYthing but room prep right now....I want to gitrdun!!!!

The Library will be comprised of three parts...

A) Leveled Library
If you use letters to level your library go ahead & download my freebie labels, {HERE}.

B) By topic/author/character

C) Monthly titles...one month of books will be out at a time....holidays, seasonal, etc.

So, as it evolves, I'll take more pix and post!

CAN'T WAIT to work on my too-full TpT shopping cart for the big sale coming on Sunday & Monday!!!

My store will be 20% off...with TpT's additional 10% (but you MUST use the code!!!), that's a total of 28% off...which helps a LOTSA!!!

Would love to hear what you have in your cart!
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Hi Lisa! Looks like you are making good progress! Why does it always take forever!?!?!?!?!

    Megan
    Mrs. Wheeler’s First Grade
    Mrs. Wheeler TpT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE your classroom pics, Megan!!!! Thanks for stopping!!!

      Delete
  2. It looks like you are making good progress! I'm still waiting for my carpets to be cleaned so I can START to put my room together! :(

    I'd love to hear more about the Teacher's College model as you dive into it this year!

    - Katy

    First Grade Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww - thanks, Katy!!! I will def be posting about TCRWP!!!

      Delete
  3. We are moving to the TC model, too. I spent most of June leveling books. It took forever! I can't wait to hear about your journey with it. I'm excited to get it started.
    -Andrea
    alwayskindergarten@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really exciting!!! 4 days of Homegrown Institute next week!

      Delete
  4. Target carries some fire retardant rugs in the kids section. I have a blue/ squarish one. I think it was about $100. It is not huge but not tiny either! Room looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. UGH! Learning Target Board! That's what I need to do. . . great reminder!
    You're gettin' there!
    xo

    Learning With Mrs. Leeby

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved how you commented on each picture with your plans. Your room seems to be coming along nicely! I love the idea of covering the counter with contact paper!

    ThePolishedTeacher

    ReplyDelete

© Growing Firsties. All rights reserved.
Design by Laugh Eat Learn // Theme by Pipdig