Monday, September 2

Almost Posted...Currently...

Folks...I've been toast.

Early to bed.

Sluggish to rise.

The lack of a/c and overabundance of meetings is getting the best of me.

I wanted to post a few times over the last two weeks, but it hasn't happened. Soooo many ideas swirling around in my head!

Since I had a major headstart over summer break, I did manage to wrap up Common Core Crunch - October...and will be posting it to TpT some time today (my wi-fi has been sketchy)...28 pages of ELA CCSS based printables.

If you head over to my fb page and go to the giveaways tab you can Win It B4 U Can Buy It...but it will only be up until I post it later today. Mobile users should try this link...{here}








Also, this morning I did get to sneak in this month's Currently. :)
I love her last part...ways we'll love on ourselves. Cuz we all really do leave ourselves for last.

Check out the other fun link ups from Farley.

And...deep breath...tomorrow is my first day with kiddos! Excited to get back to routine, sad about saying goodbye to summer!

Smiles - Lisa

16 comments:

  1. Good luck with your first day tomorrow! That's such a relief when it's over.

    Swimming into Second

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your "Currently" this morning. Hold on to those moments with your 5 year old...they slip away too fast!! Before you know it, you will have a 26 and 22 year old and wonder just where the time went...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do feel that way often, where I want to just FREEZE time...26 and 22!!! Bet it went like lightning. Thanks for stopping...

      Delete
  3. Good luck with your kiddos! The before stuff is all window dressing until they pour through the door!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Window dressing! SO true!!!!!! Made me smile!

      Delete
  4. Hey! I've found your blog through Farley's currently and I teach Grade 7-10 in Manitoba, Canada. I was under the impression that a lot of American schools were already well into the school year. We start this week too so I'm wishing good wishes to both of us :)

    Mrs. T
    Miss L’s Whole Brain Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In WI, we don't start with students before Labor Day...something about tourism, I think???

      The very best of wishes as you get started!!!!!

      Delete
  5. They are going to {puffy heart squish} adore you!! Have fun, relax and enJOY!

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thinking of you always makes me smile, Barbara! Love you, friend!

      Delete
  6. Love your goal of relaxing and letting go. That's hard to do in the busyness of the school year.

    Hope you have a relaxing day today and a great first day back tomorrow! Can't wait to hear about it!

    Becky
    Compassionate Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck tomorrow! Enjoy your day today with your little one! :)

    Nicki
    Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  8. Relax and let go? What is that?! I sure wish I could a handle on that too! I'm lovin your new packet! It would work great for morning work! Can't wait for you to get it posted. Good luck tomorrow with your kiddos!

    Karen
    An Apple a Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa, love your new blog look! Very cute! I hear you with exhaustion!!!! The first week of inservice and the first week of school is like labor. Your brain forgets how horrible it is, until you do it again next year. If we didn't forget, we'd never put ourselves through this torture! I have no clue how you finished your newest CCC packet! I took a few weeks off of blogging and TPT stuff, and it made a difference in a good way. You need a break from time to time, and that is OK. I look forward to reading your posts this year!
    -Jen
    That First Grade Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck tomorrow! I am sure you will have a fabulous day and love your little firsties and they will just love you! I cannot wait until I have my first first day under my belt! I have to wait until Thursday! I'm so anxious for it to be over and done with!

    ThePolishedTeacher

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a great first day tomorrow!! You're going to be GREAT!!!!

    Tammy

    ”Dots” of Fun!
    1...2...3...Teach With Me

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts: