Tuesday, January 28

Common Core Crunch - February ELA & Math

Even with cold days off of school, my class is running out of January Crunch Pages...both ELA and Math...So I've been staying up late to get February Math done...

Recently we changed our get-back-from-lunch-just-before-math-starts routine...and my class is LOVING the Math Crunch!

Our routine used to be "Ways To Make" the number of the day using addition, subtraction, tallies, coins, etc...Now it's one of the Math Crunch Pages that a student distributes to table spots as we are lining up for lunch.

If they finish it and math hasn't begun quite yet, then they flip to the back side and work on Ways to Make until we begin.

Love this new routine!

Hint...Hint...Hint...make sure you stick with me to the VERY END of the post. :)

If you're interested in buying them together, they are bundled at a discount...


Growing Firsties

The ELA pack has a variety of February related printables...Groundhogs Day, Presidents Day, Valentines Day & Dental Health.
Growing Firsties

You can see more details below.


The Math pack has a variety of February related printables...Groundhogs Day, Valentines Day & Dental Health.
Growing Firsties

You can see more here:





The ELA packs are available in two larger bundles, as well.
 

Another big help in my classroom is this Part Part Whole pack, found in the Skill Builder Series.

 P.S. If you haven't downloaded this Freebie yet, with the Super Bowl coming up, you might want to. :) Click the cover pic to download...



Hope you're staying warm!!!

25 comments:

  1. You make this very difficult... how can I possibly select a favorite - there are so many that I love. I will say I really like the syllable sort, the number bonds, and the long and short vowel sort. I was just using (yesterday) some material from one of your previous Common Core Crunch packs and the kids were loving it!
    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School
    cindy.calenti@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the True or False pages in the Math pack. It really makes kiddos think! All the pages are fabulous though!

    lovetoteach2691@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your daily routines for using C C C Math! My kids would totally love that! Great post Lisa!
    Betto411@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the missing addend page. That is always a had skill. nl_scannon@seovec.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the part part whole pages in math. Thats what I'm working on with my kids

    Becca marksrj03@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the number bonds and the noun/verb sort. These pages are all phenomenal though:) What adorable graphics too. Very appealing to firsties. aprilrfun@juno.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations!!! I'm sending you an email now to find out which pack you'd like me to send. :)

      Delete
  7. Love the Number Grid Puzzles from your Math Common Core Crunch! aprekteacher@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of your Common Core Crunch packets!! They are all fantastic! If I had to pick, I love the number bonds and the true or false number equations! Thank you for the chance to win one! :-) erinvaughn@k12tn.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the Number Grid Problems and the True False Number Equations!
    sphillips74@triad.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You continue to make amazing products for first graders. Thanks deb81992@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the missing addends and the measurement pages so I would definitely pick the math pack!
    Ruthanne rarace81@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of the pages look amazing! One of my favorites is the what's missing pages. My students could use some review and reinforcement with missing addends!
    croesler1587@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the pages using the coins. It is sometimes hard to find good pages that have realistic looking coins.

    Teresa
    tmburgess@roaneschools.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. These packs look fabulous, as always, Lisa!
    Linda
    AroundtheKampfire

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the number bonds!
    -Andrea
    alwayskindergarten@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Too hard to choose! What amazing products! Since we no longer do much with coins in first grade, I suppose I'd choose the ELA packet, but I absolutely love the number bonds and story problems!! I'm impressed:). geteacher@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the "Love 2 Add" page in the math packet! They all look like a lot of fun, though! Thanks for the opportunity to win one of your packets! kim.menning@k12.sd.us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations, Kim!!! I'm sending you an email now to see which pack you'd like me to send your way! :)

      Delete
  18. Another fantastic unit girl! Such a fabulous way to teach the standards.
    ~Christy & Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have your ELA bundle my students and I love them! I am so excited that you are doing math pages too! My favorites are the true/false and word problems pages, they are great for extending their skills.
    julie@gentleglow.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the cut and paste sorts...I found out my students need this practice as much as the academic skills!

    Fingers crossed!

    tokyoshoes at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are awesome ideas. Thank you for sharing. I'm excited about the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love these packs!!!!!! I'll definitely be purchasing in the near feature!!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts: