Sunday, November 15

Turkey Trot - 1st Grade Freebies & Fun

Slide3

Welcome to “The Chalkies” Turkey Trot! We hope you enjoy a jog through our blogs gobbling up freebies, ideas, and recipes for some holiday joy!



We have a new blog name!  We switched out the word "Primary" for "Elementary". We want to meet the needs of any teacher K-6. Our blog has been thoughtfully designed to help you find what YOU need for YOUR classroom level!



I love those grade level tabs {seen above} that help me grab what I need. This trot will also take you through the grade level blogs of your choice.

We hope you enjoy this little meal from appetizer to dessert!

Slide1 - Copy

If you love to integrate literacy and math practice, you might enjoy this freebie that uses
Look Alike Sight Words.

Click here to check out the full product bundle. Click the pic below to snag up the freebie!
growing firsties

Slide1
Having students be able to set and articulate their goals is so important to me. One of the ways I've helped them set goals is by using our learning targets. Here's an example...
Growing Firsties
You can see that the page I had students highlight mimics our Learning Target board, which is based on our Reading Workshop mini-lessons.

This student is selecting the goal, "I can warm up before reading....bcas I nevr do ti." Which, for him, was true! He'd go straight into reading new texts without that warm up, then get tripped up on tricky words. It was a GREAT goal for him!

You can read more about this kind of goal setting by clicking {right here}.


Slide2 - Copy


Seriously the BEST and EASIEST gravy recipe!!! 

Why scramble at the end when you can make this ahead of time - which is delicious....but then make it even more amazing by adding the turkey drippings to your already re-heated gravy??? 

It is seriously my FAVORITE part of the Thanksgiving meal! Just click the photo above to upload the recipe.



slide 6

Have you seen my latest products? They're getting fab reviews!
Click the pictures to check them out...

Growing Firsties

Growing Firsties

This next one is a best seller and SO helpful this time of year while building
important reading habits!
Growing Firsties

In case you're looking ahead to December....here are some fun and fab math printables!
Growing Firsties



Now, trot on over to this AMAZING Chalkie's post to gobble up some more fun!





9 comments:

  1. Hahah! "Because I never do it!" LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your goal setting charts and I'll be using your freebie this week! Love! Love!
    XO
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that sight word activity!! I need to check out that whole pack!
    I also love how you do goal setting. So smart to have them choose to focus on one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Say what! That make ahead gravy looks great and of course your resources are a staple in ANY classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm terrible at setting goals with my students. Thanks for the tip and for the FABULOUS freebie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of color coding their goals! We use data notebooks and that is a bright idea that I will have to implement! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your goal setting and your Reading Self Monitor is da bomb!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts: